The Galiano Oceanfront Inn & Spa 's pledge to your health and safety
Updated January 5, 2021
IN LIGHT OF CURRENT REGULATIONS PERTAINING TO BRITISH COLUMBIA AND ELSEWHERE, we recommend that all our guests postpone their trips to Galiano until the situation subsides (in this case, your room deposit can be applied to a future trip). If however it is not possible for you to postpone your trip, we kindly request that you limit your interactions with our employees and other island residents to a strict minimum. We can provide room service for meals or help acquire groceries should you require it. Your room will also be put on a maintenance hold for 48 hours after your departure to protect the health of our housekeeping staff.
HEALTH AND SAFETY ARE OUR TOP PRIORITIES
We are actively monitoring the situation in the province, our community and at the Galiano Oceanfront Inn and Spa to ensure the comfort and safety of our guests, our staff, and our community, at all times.
We are complying with all of the precautionary and mandated measures outlined by both the Government of Canada and by the BC Centre for Disease Control and have implemented additional measures in all of our departments that aim at further ensuring everyone's safety. Hospital-grade cleaning products (Oxivir and bleach) and upgraded protocols are currently in use.
While we hold ourselves to high standards at all times, in light of the spread of COVID-19, our new and improved cleaning program includes:
- Oxivir disinfection of all high touch areas/surfaces throughout the Inn and in guest rooms including phones, remote controls, light switches, room keys and door handles.
- Increased cleaning frequency of all public and shared areas.
- Guest-accessible disinfecting sanitizer and disposable nitrile gloves at entrances and high traffic areas.
- Enhanced Team Member safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols.
- All team members have been briefed on proper and frequent hand-washing protocols. Illustrated reminders have been posted in all staff and guests areas.
- Ongoing training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols.
- All our guest rooms are cleaned and disinfected before and after guests arrive, with extra focus on frequently touched areas.
- In areas where team members work, we are regularly cleaning entrances, staff rooms, and offices.
- Enhanced cleaning & other changes to dining experiences, such as increased distance between tables, dining groups not exceeding 6 guests per table, changes in the way food is delivered to the table.
- Strict social distancing, for all staff and for our guests. Our accommodations have been officially reopened to the public since June 1, 2020. We are offering a flexible cancellation policy should circumstances or regulations change along the way. We will be making frequent updates to our website to reflect changing circumstances. As we take these measures, we thank you for your continued trust in our commitment to excellence and for your understanding in these difficult times. It is with great consideration that we have made these decisions, with particular care for the long-term well being of our staff and guests.
We look forward to seeing the situation resolved soon and in the meantime, we wish you the utmost health and wellness. For any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.